Worker Bees’ Every day Bites:
You’ll want to click out nowadays’s most interesting news, Apples:
1) We Promise, This Is the Final Dairy Discussion
…for a although, anyway. This is merely to highlight the general conclusion that can be had from all the a variety of dairy-makes-you-skinny debates: dairy definitely does not make you skinny enough. If dairy were the wonder tonic Major Moo would have you think, wouldn’t we all have noticed by now?
Some of the studies are inconclusive, like this one particular just out (yet yet another one particular!). Some of the studies are total quackery questionable simply because they’ve been funded by Significant Moo. Most of them, actually. Some of the studies make it appear like low-fat dairy is greater. A recent one makes a case for typical old fattening dairy. Mark takes place to assume dairy is the ultimate Blunder Tonic.
Though there’s no definitive dairy answer, how about some frequent sense? If you physical exercise, consume a lot of vegetables, and keep away from factors like sugar and French fries, it just may possibly not matter if your beverage of option is soy milk, cow’s milk or hemp milk (yep, and it’s tasty). People who are unhealthy may benefit marginally from foods like dairy, but at the Evergreen Enterprises, Inc end of the day, no meals is the magic answer to your waistline concerns or health objectives.
Except, possibly, for spinach.
2) We Can’t Wait for All the Clever Headlines!
You just know the mainstream media is going to have a cliched-headline carnival with hemp milk. Oh, well, maybe they don’t get out much.
Thanks to Slashfood for the heads up on this yummy, higher-protein unmilk. It’s available in chocolate, vanilla and frequent (what will that taste like?).
Slash says: “Some of the benefits of Hemp milk are: it is higher in protein and is a great source of balanced omega-three and omega-six fatty acids, and has lots of vitamins and minerals like Evergreen Enterprises, Inc vitamin E, thiamin, folic acid, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, and iron. It is the only solution created from seeds that contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), a controversial substance that could help fight cancer, treat problems with inflammation, and auto-immune illnesses.”
three) When Will Law Makers Actually Give Two Figs?
Mark says sugar is the new trans fat, and other people are sayin’ the exact same, too. Check out this handy tiny corn syrup summary. garden flag Then drop a line to these spineless saps and tell them you’re sick of Americans being sick. And say anything to your senator, as well. They don’t listen to Bees but they listen to you.
Simply because when a site truly brags about the reality that – yes – corn syrup is only as poor as sugar, you have to do something, Apples…
It’s a payday for somebody, all suitable.
four) Tsk, Tsk
Parents appear to eat more fat than other adults, in particular fat from kiddie-foods like pizza, chips, candy and snacks. Be honest, now – if you’re a parent, maybe you’ve snatched some of the French fries from the Pleased Meal.
The crucial factor to don’t forget is that these small bites add up to severe wellness issues. They appear harmless, but mainly because most “family fare” is loaded with sugar, trans fat and chemical additives, moms and dads are subject to a absolutely free radical minefield (and a lot of extra calories).
And besides, youngsters shouldn’t be eating this stuff, either! They might look thin and healthier now, but the long-term consequences of Cheetos and Powerade are visible everywhere you look. Kids turn into adults, and we adults don’t look to be batting any wellness dwelling runs these days. Begin your children on very good habits young, and you’ll advantage, as well (and hey, it’s 1 less point for the teenagers to inform you you’re carrying out incorrect).
Here are some uncomplicated switches that don’t need you to turn into Martha Stewart:
– When a week, get the Evergreen Enterprises, Inc little ones to wash and chop up veggies like carrots, celery, cucumbers, broccoli or jicama. Location fist-sized portions in zippered baggies until there are adequate for each family members member to grab 1 bag a day for the whole week. Presto, veggies consumed.
– Get beef, salmon or turkey jerky instead of normal snack bags like chips, pretzels or other salty, sugary, empty junk. Trail mix (the sort that doesn’t have candy in Evergreen Enterprises, Inc it) and nuts are a great thought, too.
– This does take a little function, but it’s worth it. Get a big jug of one hundred% genuine juice. Dilute by half with water. Pour into as lots of rinsed-out beverage containers as you like. That beats soda and sugary drinks! You can do the exact same with caffeine-free tea (sweeten with a sugar substitute or a small honey if your little ones aren’t applied to the taste).
– For healthy, easy dinners that are way more quickly than the pizza guy, preserve the freezer stocked with two points: ready-to-go protein like shrimp or chicken tenderloins, and a huge assortment of frozen veggies.
20 minutes ahead of you want to consume, drop a bag of your protein of option into a significant, hot pan. ten minutes later, add a bag or two of the frozen veggies. After it’s all cooked and piping hot, drizzle with any number of yummy toppings: slivered almonds, parmesan, spices and seasonings, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, or a tiny yogurt. Everybody will be content, it’s less costly than a decent pizza, and it’s healthful. Effortless!
Around the Web:
Things so random and disturbing, you just might want to click. Somehow, it’s satisfying. We know. It’s okay.
– Junior Apple Annie B. wrote in to inform us about the dark secrets of the restaurant industry. During her starving student days, Annie worked for a big chain restaurant. She says:
“We were normally completely grossed out by the chips and how individuals would wolf them down. If only they knew. When the chips arrived to us, they were in these massive packages. You wouldn’t recognize them as chips – they had been so covered in white lard or whatever the Evergreen Enterprises, Inc fat concoction was, it was like small edges sticking out of a block of glue. Disgusting! Then we’d have to shove the chunks Evergreen Enterprises, Inc into the oven to make them all fresh and toasty and get the fat to melt and ‘crisp’ the chips. I’ve in no way looked at chips the similar way given that.”
There is a genuinely, actually dark and disturbing side to meals production. There are distinct sources and legions of behind-the-scenes bizarreness you wouldn’t believe…except, behold. It puts the Bees into a genuine fuss – perhaps we all know this stuff exists deep down, but…ewww. Is this truly important? Apples? This is why we like fresh food.